Outdoor Programme Leader Vacancy - Edinburgh-based
Venture Scotland offers progressive outdoor-based personal development programmes. The programmes empower young people aged 16-30, and older participants, who face complex and difficult challenges in their lives and want help to change.
We focus on the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of our Young People working with them to make lasting changes to their lives and helping them play a positive role in their communities.
We are seeking an Outdoor Programme Leader, who identifies with our values of Trust, Respect, Diversity, Inclusion, Environment and Personal Development, to deliver our outdoors based, long term Journey programme. This includes delivering outdoor activities and residentials and providing in depth social and emotional learning opportunities for individuals and groups. We welcome applications from diverse communities.
The job will also involve reviewing our programme with young people, evaluation, supporting and developing volunteers, managing logistics and ensuring the highest standards of safety.
Do you want to work in a supportive team of people, who really care about the young people we are helping? Do you want to work in an organisation who listens, values everyone’s views and cares about the health and wellbeing of their staff? Do you understand the transformative effect of the outdoors? Are you passionate about #ChangingYoungLives Outdoors?
Minimum NGB’s – 1 of the following: Summer Mountain Leader Assessed, Paddlesport Leader Assessed or Rock Climbing Instructor Assessed
Salary – SJC Scale 18-22 (£23,870 – £26,129) + 5% Employer Pension & 5% Employee Contribution Pro Rata.
This role is considered ‘regulated work’ as it involves activities with both children and protected adults. Under our safeguarding policy, this role will require a PVG.
If you are applying for this role you need to prove that you have the right to live and work in the UK. If you do not possess this right, then your application will not be considered.
**Please note – Unfortunately, we are not able to support sponsorship to work in the UK at this time**
For further information, details on how to apply and a full job description and person specification please contact email@example.com.
Closing date: 11th September 2023
Interviews are proposed to be held in person, in Edinburgh, on the following dates:
- 1st interview – Friday, 15th September 2023
- 2nd interview – Wednesday, 27th September 2023
- 3rd interview – TBC
Why work for Venture Scotland?
We are committed to make Venture Scotland a brilliant place to work where everyone is valued and listened to. We try to create a collaborative culture where everyone is supported while also giving autonomy as much as possible. We offer all staff:
- The ‘Wellbeing 360’ personal support app which includes:
- Unlimited 24/7 GP for remote consultations (all with NHS registered GPs);
- Exclusive discounts from big-name brands like John Lewis, Tesco and Costa to help with cost of living increases;
- Access to accredited therapists for Mental health issues such as bereavement, relationship issues, stress etc. Consultations can be in person at a clinic or online via video;
- Legal helpline access;
- Money/debt support;
- 24-7 emergency helpline with accredited therapists;
- Support for carers;
- Mental health support application called My Mind Pal (included with unlimited access);
- And lots more, not only for the employee but for their family as well.
- Our workplace pension scheme – 5% contribution made by you and 5% contribution made by Venture Scotland
- Flexible working including home working
- Paid sick leave
- Branded outdoor personal protection clothing (PPE)
- Clear and transparent pay policy
- Sector bench-marked salaries
- An annual holiday allowance of 35 days (including 10 public holiday days)
- Offices closed for 10 days over Christmas and New Year period
- Access to personal development opportunities. Personal Developments is one of our organisational values and as a result we encourage our team to take the time out of their work schedule to upskill themselves. We offer all staff:
- Advanced mental health first aid training
- Paid for individual personal development/training opportunities
- 5 days paid personal training days
- Whole team training opportunities