Who can be referred?
Anyone aged 16-30 who is facing challenges and would like the support to improve their mental, physical, and emotional wellbeing. You can refer anyone who this applies to – it can be yourself, a friend, or a young person you support.
WHO do I contact for a chat?
An Outreach and Support Worker will be able to tell you more about what the programme involves and get you started on your journey. Please don’t hesitate to contact us by email, phone, or text message. You can also reach us on Facebook messenger.
How do referrals work?
1. See what the programme is all about
This is the first step to make sure the programme is something you’d like to do. You can set up a time to learn more about the programme by contacting an Outreach and Support Worker (contact information below). Depending on what works best for you, they will share what we can offer you by video call, phone call, or in person at our offices or another public place.
2. Fill in our referral & monitoring form
If you have decided you’d like to participate in the programme, fill in the online referral form in the link below or you can ask us to print a referral form and post it to you with a prepaid return envelope.
3. Have a chat with one of our Outdoor Programme Leaders
After your referral form has been received, we will set up a time to introduce you to the Outdoor Programme Leader who will be working with you throughout the programme. They will check in with you about what you would like to get out of the programme and make sure we are a good fit for each other! It’s good to keep in mind that we don’t guarantee a spot on the programme as it isn’t always the right fit for everyone.
4. Support Plan & Kit Fitting
- Your Outdoor Programme Leader will work with you to create a support plan which will be tailored to your needs and goals. There is a bit of admin to do to get you set up on the programme and your Outdoor Programme Leader will help you with this.
- You will be invited into our office for a kit fitting, where you will receive all the gear you will need for the programme and check that you have the right size!
5. Your first day
This is where the journey begins!