Venture Scotland offers an outdoor-based personal development programme which empowers young people aged 16-30, who face complex and difficult challenges in their lives and want help to change.
We focus on the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of our Young People, working with them to make lasting changes to their lives and helping them play a positive role in their communities.
We are seeking a Corporate Fundraiser (who identifies with our values of Trust, Respect, Diversity, Inclusion, Environment and Personal Development) to help support the fundraising team to expand and diversify our income streams to ensure our organisation is sustainable into the future.
In this exciting opportunity, you will work closely with the other members of the fundraising team and lead on managing corporate partnerships to increase income in this funding stream. You will research, approach and secure corporate partnerships and donations (in line with our values) and fulfil the corporate fundraising strategy. You will deliver engaging presentations about our work, build relationships with key individuals at corporates and increase awareness of our work to new audiences throughout Scotland whilst also generating more income. To be successful in the role, you will have experience in securing income within the voluntary sector (or another sector if you are able to demonstrate transferable skills).
Do you want to work in a supportive team of people, who really care about the young people we are helping? Do you want to work in an organisation who listens, values everyone views and cares about the health and wellbeing of their staff? Do you understand the transformative effect of the outdoors? Are you passionate about #ChangingYoungLives Outdoors?
Full time: 37 hours per week
Location: Edinburgh or Glasgow (with some remote working from home)
Salary: £28,739 – £32,489 per annum + 5% employer pension contribution (with 5% employee contribution)
This role is considered ‘regulated work’ as it involves activities with both children and protected adults. Under our safeguarding policy, this role will require a PVG.
If you are applying for this role you need to prove that you have the right to live and work in the UK. If you do not possess this right, then your application will not be considered.
For further information on the job/person specs for this role and detail on how to apply, please email email@example.com
Deadline: Sunday 9 April 2023
Why work for Venture Scotland?
We are committed to make Venture Scotland a brilliant place to work where everyone is valued and listened to. We try to create a collaborative culture where everyone is supported while also giving autonomy as much as possible. We offer all staff:
- The ‘Wellbeing 360’ personal support app which includes:
- Unlimited 24/7 GP for remote consultations (all with NHS registered GPs);
- Exclusive discounts from big-name brands like John Lewis, Tesco and Costa to help with cost of living increases;
- Access to accredited therapists for Mental health issues such as bereavement, relationship issues, stress etc. Consultations can be in person at a clinic or online via video;
- Legal helpline access;
- Money/debt support;
- 24-7 emergency helpline with accredited therapists;
- Support for carers;
- Mental health support application called My Mind Pal (included with unlimited access);
- And lots more, not only for the employee but for their family as well.
- Our workplace pension scheme – 5% contribution made by you and 5% contribution made by Venture Scotland
- Flexible working including home working
- Paid sick leave
- Branded outdoor personal protection clothing (PPE)
- Clear and transparent pay policy
- Sector bench-marked salaries
- An annual holiday allowance of 35 days (including 10 public holiday days)
- Offices closed for 10 days over Christmas and New Year period
- Access to personal development opportunities. Personal Developments is one of our organisational values and as a result we encourage our team to take the time out of their work schedule to upskill themselves. We offer all staff:
- Advanced mental health first aid training
- Paid for individual personal development/training opportunities
- 5 days paid personal training days
- Whole team training opportunities