We believe that every Young Person should have the opportunity and support to make long-term positive changes and develop the awareness, skills and confidence to improve their health and wellbeing and live a happier, healthier and more fulfilled life.
Our programmes help Young People improve their quality of life by focusing on their mental, physical and emotional health, equipping them with fundamental life skills, and by giving them the support they need to transition into a positive destination in their local community.
In these challenging times, there are so many ways you can help us raise money to continue our life changing work with Young People… ✨
Creating your own fundraiser!
There’s FUN in fundraisers for a reason! Some of our past fundraisers have hosted bake sales, ceilidhs and took part in challenging walks, local fun runs and cycling events. 🧁💃🏃 Supporting an outdoor-based charity doesn’t mean your fundraiser has to be adventurous, it can be anything you want it to be, as long as it’s something you enjoy! All you need to do is:
- 💡 think of an idea (big or small)
- 💻 log on to JustGiving
- ❤️ pick Venture Scotland as your chosen charity
- 💵 set your fundraising target!
Whether you need help narrowing down ideas, setting up your fundraiser or some tips on how to spread the word, our Fundraising Team will give you practical advice, help you launch your fundraiser on our socials and e-newsletter, provide you with VS gear (t-shirts, banners etc) and cheer you on! You can get in touch with Tricia at email@example.com and Sophie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations from fundraisers are like gold-dust to our charity and are always put where they are most needed! If you’re stuck for inspiration, you can check out some of our past fundraisers. ⬇️
Join a community event!
If you don’t have the time to plan your own fundraiser or are stuck for inspiration, there are plenty of upcoming events you can hop onto, like…
Kilkwalks are a fun and easy way to fundraise with the whole family! You can choose between The Mighty Stride (22 miles), The Big Stroll (14 miles), or The Wee Wander (3 miles), depending on your age and ability. Kiltwalks take place all over Scotland and you don’t need to travel far to join in. Upcoming walks are taking place in:
- Dundee – 20th August 2023
- Edinburgh – 17th September 2023
- 🌎 Select the location of your event.
- 🏃 Choose your preferred distance.
- 💻 Register with Venture Scotland
- 💵 Activate your Kiltwalk JustGiving page to start raising money!
easyfundraising partners with over 7,000 brands who will donate part of what you spend to a cause of your choice. It won’t cost you any extra – the cost is covered by the brand – and every small donations adds up! All you need to do is:
- 👉 Click to sign up.
- 💚 Choose Venture Scotland as your preferred charity.
- 🔔 Add the ‘donation reminder’ to your browser.
- 🛒 A reminder will appear when you’re on the retailer’s website.
- 💸 Click the reminder and enjoy shopping!
- 🎁 You can support our eBay shop by buying from our shop (all proceeds go to supporting our work).
- ✨ If you have an eBay account, you can donate between 10%-100% of your sales to Venture Scotland (all you need to do is search and favourite our shop).
- 💵 If you favourite our shop, every time you pay for items on eBay you’ll have the option to make a donation to us.
- 💻 For a chance to support VS and win £25,000 every week, head over to our Glasgow Community Lottery page and sign up.
- 🪙 Tickets only cost £1 and 50% of all tickets bought directly from our page will help support us continue our vital work.
- 🎫 Draws are weekly and there are bonus prizes to be won every month!
Speaking of donations, regular income helps us become more sustainable going forward. By setting up a regular gift to Venture Scotland, you can help us plan ahead and assure the future of our work!
You choose which payment method is best for you, you can either:
- 💵 Set up a month donation securely through JustGiving
- 💻 Set up your own standing order by emailing our Finance and Administration Manager, Anda at anda.griveteanu @venturescotland.org.uk